Sunday, September 21, 2008

Brown Sugar Chocolate Cup Cake: Simply Delight !


I had a little problem last week, not a big one but quite annoying. My oven light just broken and my favorite pan too, how they happened at the same day? Anyway, I called the oven company, just to receive the bad news that they don’t have the light bulb (for my oven model) in stock. So, now I have to use the flashlight when I bake (I like to sit in front of the oven to see how my baked goods go, so I can take them out at the right time). After a couple of time, I think it’ll be easier to use the small oven instead, haha. But the small one has its own limit; the baked goods have to be a little one too. So, cup cake will be my best friend now.
I got this recipe from.............. Actually I wanted to try it for a long time, because I think honey and brown sugar will make the taste of this chocolate cake mellow. And I’m not disappointed, the brown sugar makes the cake moist with a subtle sweet and the cake has a great fragrance of honey. I adjust the amount of the ingredients a little bit, and hope you like the result too.
Brown Sugar Chocolate Cup Cake
Makes 6 cups (3½ oz/cup)


90 g
cake flour
14 g
Cocoa powder
⅓ tsp
baking powder

Pinch of salt
100 g
unsalted butter, at room temperature
85 g
Brown sugar
2
large eggs,
85 g
Nut (I use pecan), lightly toasted
2 tbsp
heavy cream
2 tbsp
honey




1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Prepare the paper cups. Sift the measured flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together into a bowl and set aside.
2 Whisk the cream and honey together and set aside.
3 Cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
4 Add the egg one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
5 Add half of the dry ingredients, then the cream and honey mixture, mixing well then add the last of the dry ingredients and nut, and mix well.
6 Spoon batter into paper cup, bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the toothpick insert in the center comes out with a little crumb.
Adaptation from: たかこさんの12カ月のかんたん焼き菓子ずっと、たいせつに楽しめる。(Happy and Easy Baking for 12 months from Takako) by 稲田 多佳子(Takako Inada).


Brown Sugar Chocolate Cup Cake

9 comments:

  1. Hey Pook, thanks for the recipe, will try it one day. Would like to know, if heavy cream is the same as whipping cream? I like reading your blog, keep it up ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Min,
    Heavy cream is not the same as whipping cream, but it's still interchangeable. I always use whipping cream with 43% of fat which can be use instead of heavy cream. Just check the package for the fat contain.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pook,

    I had made the Pain Crème (Whipping Cream bread) and halve the recipe. It soft and taste like Hokkaido milk bread. Thank you for your recipe.
    I would like to try your Brown sugar chocolate cup cake. May i know 14 g of cocoa powder in Tbsp or tsp.
    As I would like to make no bake cheesecake that require whipping cream can i use the heavy cream.(so that i don't need to buy 2 type of cream). Sorry for too many question been ask). I just started to learn to bake.

    Thank you in advance.
    BabeIpoh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Babelpoh
    14g of cocoa powder is about 2 heap tbsp.
    About the cream, you can use heavy cream instead of heavy cream, most of them are slightly different in fat percentage but it will be fine.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook,
    Would love to make this cupcake for my children's recess time. Can the heavy cream be omitted or is there any substitute? I don't like the idea of having to buy 1 litre of cream and just use a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Delia
    You can use 2 tbsp of milk instead of the cream, but the cake will be less rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just discovered your blod and totally loving it! Can i replace butter with oil? if so when should i mix it in? Thanks!- Jes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Jess
    if you want to use oil, you will need only 80g of it and mix it with sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your reply! can't wait to try it out ^^ -jes

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...