Monday, September 1, 2008

Citrus Mousse and Lime Curd


Freshly and tangy again, I really love those taste. This recipe had been tested 3 times before I can show you the result, because I change the main ingredient from lemon to lime and lime is tangier than lemon (I like lime because the lime fragrance is great). The first time I made it for my friends, and she said that it’s too tangy so I had to adjust the sugar. After that I sent the recipe (that I already adjusted) to my friend Bake-Aholic, with the warning that the mousse was quite hard to make because the lime juice and cream will separate into two layers if the folding process is not well. So, she teaches me about the way to make mousse that use a lot of fruit juice without worried about the separation. The next test was made after she said that the recipe is great (I mean delicious in my tangy way, haha). I practiced the method that she teaches me.
Now I can show you the tangy and fragrance mousse ,and I hope you will like it as I do.
Adaptation from: Vogue Entertaining and Travel August/September 2008 issue


CITRUS CURD

70g
caster sugar
1
egg lightly beaten
40g
unsalted butter, chopped
50 ml.
LIME MOUSSE

50 ml.
lime juice
65g
caster sugar
80 ml
Water
3g
Gelatin powder
100ml
whipping cream


For citrus curd, whisk all ingredients continuously in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until thick and glossy. Spoon into an airtight container and refrigerate until chilled.


For lemon mousse, place lemon juice, sugar and 50ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Soak gelatin in cold 30 ml water for 2-3 minutes to soften, and then stir into the lemon mixture until dissolved. Place the mixture over a bowl of iced water and stir occasionally until cold. This step is important; otherwise, when the cream is folded in, the two mixtures will separate into two layers.


Using an electric mixer, whisk cream just to soft peaks, then gently fold 1/3 of the cream into the lemon mixture.
Gently fold back the lemon and cream mixture into the cream. The mixture will be quite loose.
Spoon citrus curd among 2 x 300ml glasses and top with mousse. Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight, until set.


Citrus Mousse and Lime Curd

2 comments:

  1. Wow little pots of yummy delicacies. Gr8 recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so refreshing for a summer day!

    Denise
    http://WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...