Sunday, October 11, 2015

Breakfast Club: Baked Egg in Tomato sauce and Bacon

 I love breakfast, actually I can eat breakfast all day, haha, and I know that many people love it.
I think it's because breakfast for me comes with happiness feeling, the comfort of the home and my dear family. And each time that I talk about breakfast it means "Home". I don't eat much in the evening, so the biggest meal for me is Breakfast. I like to eat everything that I want at this time, sometimes I need to prepare a lot for it, but most of the times they are something easy to make. Egg is one of the ingredients that I love to have it in the morning, and yes, I can have many eggs in one day, haha. Don't you know that eating a lot of eggs will make you younger! ^^ So, if you want to stay young, eat more egg, hehe.
This dish is one of some easy and lazy idea, you can prepare it in the evening, cover with plastic wrap and crack the egg into the cocotte in the morning. For lazier time, using the pasta sauce instead of making the tomato sauce by yourself is the best option.
How to eat it?, Well I think  eating it with someone you love (family included, haha) and it's the best meal of the day. 





Baked Egg in Tomato sauce and Bacon
Serve 2



200g .............................. Peeled tomatoes in tomato juice (half the can), chopped the tomatoes into small pieces
1tbsp ............................. Tomato paste
1/2 ................................. Onion, chopped
4 rashers ........................ Bacons
2 ..................................... Eggs
....................................... Parmesan cheese, finely grated 
....................................... Pinch of Italian seasoning mix
........................................ Salt and pepper, to taste
1tsp ................................. Olive oil

Preheat the oven to 200C
Have ready 2 -10 cm cocottes.


 Place the pan over low heat, pour 1tsp of olive oil into the pan.
When the pan become hot, put the chopped onion into the pan.
Cook until soft and light golden.


 Pour the tomato (with the juice) and tomato paste into the pan, stir and cook until most of the water evaporate.


 Season with salt, pepper and pinch of Italian seasoning mix.


 Place the bacon around the side of the cocottes.
Put the tomato sauce inside, and make a well in the center.
Crack the egg into the well.


Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the egg, season with more salt and pepper.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the egg set but the yolk still runny.
Serve warm with bread.


Breakfast Club: Baked Egg in Tomato sauce and Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...