Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Japanese Souffle cheesecake

 This is an old recipe that I posted long time ago in Thai blog hosting, but I stopped updating that blog for years now.


 Right now, I can't access my blog, haha, and it had only Thai recipe, so I think it's a good time for me to repost it again here, in both Thai and English ^^. Plus I made a video for this recipe too, don't forget to subscribe to my channel, so you will receive notification when I upload new video
   
Japanese souffle cheesecake is one of simple cake that many people love. The softness of the cake is the key. It's not hard to do but the most importance is the oven temperature and baking time, monitoring it closely as high temperature will make the top of the cake crack (I made that mistake before, haha), and baking it too long will make the cake dry. Don't worry if the cake falls when become cool it supposes to be that way because it contains no flour. Let it cool completely and refrigerate it overnight is a must, the cake will become more delicious when cool.
How are you lately?, I didn't talk about my life for a while, as there aren't nothing exciting, haha. The only new thing in my life is I started learning Swedish language, if you are Swedish, don't be shy to talk to me (well, I still a newbie but I will try my best ^^).
For this cake, serve the cake cool from the fridge is the best recommendation from me, with hot tea or coffee is your decision.



Japanese Souffle cheesecake
Makes 18 cm cake



250g ................................ Cream cheese
20g .................................. Unsalted butter
20g .................................. Granulated sugar
3 ...................................... Egg yolks
......................................... Seeds from half of vanilla bean
......................................... Pinch of salt
60ml ................................ Whipping cream
30ml ................................ Milk

Meringue
40g .................................. Granulated sugar
3 ...................................... Egg whites




Preheat an oven to 160C.
Line 18cm round cake pan with removable base with baking paper.
Cover the base of the cake with aluminium foil, and place over a baking pan.


 Beat the cream cheese until smooth, add the butter and beat until combine.


 Pour the sugar into the bowl and beat to combine.


Put egg yolks into the bowl, beat to combine.

 The mixture will be smooth.


 Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean.


 Put the seeds into the bowl with pinch of salt and beat to combine.


 Pour both whipping cream and milk into the bowl.


 Beat until smooth.
Set aside while making meringue.


 Whip the egg whites until foamy, add the sugar gradually and beat until firm peaks formed.


 Mix 1/4 of the meringue into cheese mixture.


 Then fold the rest of the meringue in 2-3 additions.


 Pour into the prepared pan, and pour hot water into the baking pan.


 Bake for 50-60 minutes.


Let the cake cool completely before refrigerate overnight.


Japanese Souffle cheesecake

4 comments:

  1. Is there supposed to be flour in the recipe? Tried several times but failed, surface cracks despite lowering the temperature and cake collapses once oven door opens. Please advise what went wrong... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is no flour in the recipe ^^.
      If your cake cracked and collapsed you need to lower the temperature and extend the baking time.
      You can see photo from other people here:
      https://www.facebook.com/Dailydeliciousblog/videos/1107063926010862/

      Delete
  2. I have just tried and thumbs up! Tastes rich and premium cake we dine at cafe, thanks sharing the great recipe 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, I'm so happy that you like it!

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...